Mine is #1283-Pat, KV0K

From: drakelist-boun...@zerobeat.net [mailto:drakelist-boun...@zerobeat.net]
On Behalf Of Grant Youngman
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 8:41 PM
To: Drakelist@zerobeat.net
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] TR-5 - How Many Were Made?

Mine is serial #1505.

Grant/NQ5T

On Nov 5, 2009, at 5:49 PM, gypsym...@aol.com wrote:

rfch...@verizon.net writes:

Can someone familiar with the TR-5 please clarify these numbers and the
rumor?  Ed         K2ZE

Ed,

NOW you have my curiosity up too.

I own # 1386 that I purchased new.

Steve Whitefield was one of the two lead engineer types on the TR5 at that
time for Drake.

He is chairman of our local radio group (MARA  Mound Amateur Radio
Association) and I will ask him if he knows.

In addition Bill Frost who retired from Drake last Friday, monitors this
list and lives close by, I will try and verify what he knows.

My next potential information source would be John Kriner.

Carl Hibbard  Dayton, OH

PS the sunken ship is definitely blarney.