The cosmetic stuff was for the case, needed a touch up on the paint on the case. Didn't touch any of the tubes or electronics, just pulled the case off and touched up the paint while I was also working on my RV-4C.

Rig was working perfectly before I pulled it out of the shack. 180+ watts out on 40/80 and slightly less than that on the other bands.

As to the RF choke, interested in RFC13 in particular. I have it patched together and just need to replace it one of these days. A lead broke when I was doing some relay maintenance about a year ago and I patched it together. Been running fine ever since, but thought I might get a replacement on hand in case I need one.

Loren  - WA3WZR

On 5/30/2010 11:23 PM, LEE BAHR wrote:
Why would you want to know about the chokes? There are more then one type in the radio. One is in the final plate lead or are you talking about the small ones or all of them? Is there more to this story? You need to give more information for help. Such as, how did it work prior to your cosmetic maintenance. If all you did was cosmetic stuff and it worked before you worked on it, I would suspect something simple such as the wrong tube in the wrong socket, or is the same tube in it's same socket?
Lee, w0vt

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* Loren McCullough <mailto:loren...@verizon.net>
    *To:* LEE BAHR <mailto:pulsa...@embarqmail.com>
    *Cc:* drakelist <mailto:Drakelist@zerobeat.net>
    *Sent:* Sunday, May 30, 2010 10:11 PM
    *Subject:* Re: [Drakelist] TR-4C issues

    No, hasn't been cleaned like that in many years.  I should mention
    the maintenance I was doing was cosmetic, not electrical/mechanical.

    Loren - WA3WZR

    On 5/30/2010 11:08 PM, LEE BAHR wrote:
    Did you spray a lot of some sort of spray cleaner on the switch
    contacts and all over the tube socket pins?  If you did, you
    could have set up leakage paths over insulation.

    Lee, w0vt

    ----- Original Message ----- From: "Loren McCullough"
    <loren...@verizon.net>