Garey,

I've been messing around with various metal sheets but I really need to get a better bond on the chassis. Taking another look at the AC transformer wiring, it appears that if the transformer is rotated in the right direction, the lead lengths will all work fine and won't need extending. However, it will require the drilling of additional chassis holes and I'll need to dig out my OM's old set of Greenlee chassis punches which love aluminum but hate steel! Also, the crystal calibrator must be re-located. I've been using tapped right-angle aluminum brackets for my SM0VPO audio boards and these will work nicely with the calibrator since the cal board already has mounting holes that are presently used with Nylon stand-offs. The calibrator will then be mounted on one end.and also out of the way of the transformer flux field just to be on the safe side. By changing the mounting orientation, I also do not want to move the flux problem elsewhere. In looking at the layout, I see nothing that should be of concern -- but I won't know 'till it's tried.

I plan on ordering Mu-metal sheeting in the event additional PTO shielding is needed, but I'm confident that just rotating the transformer will lick the problem. The current orientation between PTO and the R-4Cs power transformer could not have been worse. Moving the PTO laterally just one inch in either direction substantially reduces PTO modulation by the transformer flux. But, the PTO has to remain where it us due to all the dial mechanics.

Paul, W9AC




_______________________________________________
Drakelist mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.zerobeat.net/mailman/listinfo/drakelist

Reply via email to