----- Original Message ----- From: "Donley" <donley...@comcast.net>
To: <k4...@mindspring.com>
Cc: "drakelist" <Drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2011 12:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] TR-4C Bias Adjustment

Garey et al,

I made resistance measurements on the RF Output switch on the LOAD shaft with the switch in place and wires and resistor attached. I got steady readings but wasn't satisfied. I removed the switch and made measurements just on the switch contacts. The open positions were obviously open, but the shorting functions of the switch were unstable. I replaced the switch with
the only thing that I had which was a slide switch with
snap-and-remain-in-position, not spring loaded for easy return. However, the
LOAD shaft spring is strong enough to return the switch.

EUREKA

    Congratulations and halilulia!

--
Richard Knoppow