Curt -

I haven't seen an answer yet.  Mine does the same thing, even a couple of kHz
one way or the other.

I use the R-7, so hardly ever use the RV-7 and hadn't noticed it before. I suspect it has something to do with the GATE timing of the DR-7 counter board. I don't 'think' the GATE is synchronized with the R/T, but may be wrong. In any event, I don't hear it on the transmit signal, so I suspect it has to do with the counter rather than the transmitter.

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Curt Nixon wrote:
Good Morning All:

Recently picked up a great buy on a RV7 to go with the TR7. Needs a little cleaning on the gear set but works OK except for the following:

When returning to rx after transmitting, the frequency display on the TR7 jumps in a momentary blip up between 200 and 800 Hz. It stays stationary when going to tx..just jumps on retrun to Rx. RV is in Transceive position.

Is this normal? I can't actually hear it do this while monitoring so it might be after the output is off.

It is just kind of distracting.

Thanks

Curt
KU8L