Thanks Garey and Jim:

I kind of came to a similar conclusion after playing with the rig for a few hours. Monitoring shows no sign af any glitch on the real signal and I cannot hear any blip in rx either. Interesting that it is assymetric...ie does not jump when going from Rx to Tx but does it when coming out of Tx back to Rx. Timing differences I guess.

It will be a long while if ever for a R7 so will have to live with the RV!

THanks

Curt
KU8L

Jim Shorney wrote:
I concur with Master Barrell. Although I haven't actually checked mine, I do
seem to recall that it does that. It makes sense that it is an anomaly of the
frequency counter. It is a pretty ordinary freq counter circuit after all, and
counts a real RF signal in the radio. At the instant the radio swittches
between T/R, there will be a "glitch" in the RF signal applied to the counter.
If this occurs while the counter gate is open (likely), the display will jump/
Working with frequency counters as much as I do, I have never given it a second
thought.

73

-Jim