----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Wedge" <[email protected]> To: <[email protected]>; "Drake List" <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2011 3:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] What would you do?


Yep - just want to make it nice. I guess I'll find out if it helps me get more for it. At this point, I just don't want to sell at a loss. I still want to clean it and align it - just because I enjoy doing that. I just won't go to great lengths. I still need to figure out what the extra jacks are for (and why he moved the INJ jack - which defies all logic!).

My "new" R-4B will get more TLC. That's the one with the large corrosion spot up by the PTO. It was fun seeing what the replacement of two weak tubes has done for it already!

73,
Its always a PITA when someone has installed unknown mods. I really don't know the best technique for the chaissis. My T-4B is reasonably clean and my TR-4 is very nice looking but the R-4B is pretty stained inside. All work fine. When I worked for Hewlett-Packard a million years ago we washed old incoming equipment. That works fine for getting dirt off but the chassis were all aluminum so no corrosion. There is a cleaner called Barkeeper's Friend available at hardawre and groceries that I've had good luck with in cleaning steel and brass materials. There is another brand, Zud, which I think is identical. Both have oxalic acid. The cleaners with phosphoric acid like Naval Jelly and tile cleaners seem harder to control. I am mainly worried about getting too much moisture inside IF cans and similar places. I suspect you should be careful of investing too much time and effort in something you want to get rid of.


--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles
WB6KBL
[email protected]

_______________________________________________
Drakelist mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.zerobeat.net/mailman/listinfo/drakelist

Reply via email to