Here is what John Kriner, via Bill Frost, has to say on the R-7 AGC alignment,
reprinted with permission:

-----------
Boy, this is a lot to digest.  But I'll try to answer the questions as I see
them.... 
     
    AGC pedestal is left all the way CW.  I have argued with some folks who
claim it must be re-adjusted.  But this is the way I have always left it.  And
the S-meter calibration turns out to be perfect, and S+N/N far exceeds the
specifications.  10dB drop in generator level equals an exact 10dB drop on the
'S' meter. 
 
    The TR-7 'S' meter can be adjusted for the same exact readings as the R-7. 
The TR-7 requires some additional 'fiddling', but you can achieve the exact
same results without any type of compromise. 
 
    The results in the AGC 'F' mode of the R-7 are really normal.  I can think
of very few uses for this setting, and maybe someone with the smarts could
change the T C for more acceptable results. 

> I think I just "got it": The IF GAIN is being used to establish the AGC
> pedestal! Does that make sense?

    Yes, it does.

-----------

Thanks to John for the helpful comments. 

73

-Jim


--
Ham Radio NU0C
Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.S.A.
TR7/RV7/R7A/L7, TR6/RV6, T4XC/R4C/L4B, NCL2000, SB104A, R390A, GT550A/RV550A, 
HyGain 3750, IBM PS/2 - all vintage, all the time!

"Give a man a URL, and he will learn for an hour; teach him to Google, and he 
will learn for a lifetime."

HyGain 3750 User's Group - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HyGain_3750/
http://incolor.inetnebr.com/jshorney
http://www.nebraskaghosts.org



_______________________________________________
Drakelist mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.zerobeat.net/mailman/listinfo/drakelist

Reply via email to