On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 10:10:53 -0400, Eddy Swynar wrote:

>What can REALLY be vexing, though, is when the crystal(s) used in 
>carrier-generating oscillator frequencies "migrate": I once had an SB-102 
>transceiver that sounded very tinny & nasal-sounding on LSB only---much to my 
>chagrin, THAT carrier generating crystal had shifted just enough so as to put 
>a goodly portion of my signal REMOVED from the passband of the IF filter! 


I always wondered why some manufacturers didn't put adjustment trimmers in the
carrier oscillator curcuit. This is one of the most critical adjustments in a
SSB radio, and I'm a-r enough about it these days that I check my frequency
counter agianst a rubidium standard before I make adjustments. I actually added
trimmer caps to the HW-101 that I had years ago so I could get it right.

73

-Jim


--
Ham Radio NU0C
Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.S.A.
TR7/RV7/R7A/L7, TR6/RV6, T4XC/R4C/L4B, NCL2000, SB104A, R390A, GT550A/RV550A, 
HyGain 3750, IBM PS/2 - all vintage, all the time!

"Give a man a URL, and he will learn for an hour; teach him to Google, and he 
will learn for a lifetime."

HyGain 3750 User's Group - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HyGain_3750/
http://incolor.inetnebr.com/jshorney
http://www.nebraskaghosts.org



_______________________________________________
Drakelist mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.zerobeat.net/mailman/listinfo/drakelist

Reply via email to