Hi, everyone -

Everyone on HF eventually needs a good high-power tuner (unless you're operating QRP, but even then, the high-power tuners have the least loss). What I have right now that may interest you is a Murch UT-2000B. This is a roller-inductor transmatch that does 160-10m. The caps are large as well. The only caveat is that the toroid that used to be in it for balanced line was removed due to its being zorched when I tried stuffing 1500W through it. The rest of the tuner will handle 1500W whilst barely breaking a sweat on 80-10. I'd keep it under 750W on 160. $130 + shipping. It's pretty light.

I used this tuner with Drake C-Lines through Yaesu FT-1000D. It never complained after I removed that toroid. Honestly, it you want a balanced-line tuner for 80-10, look for a Johnson KW Matchbox. If you need balanced for High-power 160, you'd better roll your own.

Email me.

Steve Wedge, W1ES/4

To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Plato
Do be do be do. - Sinatra

All my computers have my signature with various pearls of wisdom appended thereto.