The key is keeping it warm but not overdoing it with the heat.  Everything left
in a bare chassis can easily withstand a 140 - 150 F soak.  At that
temperature, the water and moisture don't stick around for very long.

When I'm in a rush, I'll leave it in for half a day, but normally I get it to
the point of getting it into the oven in the afternoon so it can sit overnight.
 The worst thing is to get water into the power or audio xformers, so I try to
avoid hitting them with too much other than overspray.  The IF cans dry out
fine.

My oven is so well-insulated that I can take it to about 150 - 160, turn it off
and leave the light on in the oven, and it's still 110 when I get up in the
morning.  I've been toying with the idea of sticking a 100W droplight in there
to maintain a slightly-higher temp but haven't tried it yet (Easy-Bake Oven,
anyone?).

Oh - and I haven't lost a rig yet giving it a sink or bathtub (think NC-240-D)
cleaning!  The only old stuff I've lost while in my possession have cooked
their power transformers due to shorting electrolytic caps!

73,

Steve, W1ES/4