From: Richard Knoppow
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 11:40 AM
To: Roger White ; drakelist@zerobeat.net
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] Removing the Load Variable Capacitor on a L-7

   One way to find the location of the short is to push a
piece of paper between the plates.  If there is a short in
only one place this will find it. Use an ohm meter from
rotor to stator to indicate the short.
   If its caused by a particle of something the paper may
also clean it out.  You may also have a bent plate. If so
the rotary position of the plates where it shorts is a clue
to the location. Check visually for overall centering of the
plates. If they are off center check the bearing at the back
of the capacitor.  You can adjust it to get perfect
centering.  If this is from something that has gotten
in-between the plates canned air may also get it out.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles