At this point it looks like CR1501 is the culprit, but I won't know for sure until I replace it and do some more testing.

Steve w7jsc

From: "Jim Shorney" <jshor...@inebraska.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 11:27 PM
To: <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] TR7 Transmit Intermittent Power Problem

I was getting strange output variations when I had leaky driver transistors on the PA deck. Easy to check, the base voltage on the drivers should be zero in
RX. If it's anywhere near 0.6V, there's a problem. When I lifted the base
leads, one of them floated right up to 13.8V. Be careful not to short the base
to the collector when you measure, you will destroy the device instantly.

A similar problem that I have now is a dirty bandswitch. Depending on the band, I often have to wiggle and jiggle it to get proper output. It's due to hit the bench soon for another project, so I'm going to DeOxit the band switch at that
time.

73

-Jim
NU0C