Hi Bill,

Most any 110V fan that fits the hole pattern will work.  Most are a  bit
faster and noisier than the FA-7 fan but I used to work with broadcast
transmitters so fan nose never bothered me.  There are 12V fans available  that
also fit the hole pattern but they don't seem to move as much air as the  line
voltage units. Whatever fan you install, it should be mounted so that  it
blows out from the power supply. Also, the regular fans can be had at
hamfests for around $5.00, sometimes even less.  You will usually pay  big
bucks
for an FA-7.

73,

John,  W4AWM

In a message dated 6/21/2015 9:50:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,