On 4/16/20 8:59 AM, Luis Chamberlain wrote:
On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 02:42:54PM +0200, Emanuele Giuseppe Esposito wrote:
This series of patches introduce wrappers for functions,
arguments simplification in functions calls and most importantly
groups duplicated code in a single header, simplefs, to avoid redundancy
in the linux fs, especially debugfs and tracefs.

The general goal seems worthy, but here I don't see explained why hasn't
this gone through libfs, and what the intention was long term. For
instance, you added some other generalizations which you have found. It
was not clear that this was the goal here, to expand on these paths.

What if common code on fs is found which are not part of debugfs and
tracefs, how does one decide if to move to libfs or simplefs?

The idea of simplefs (that I will also explain better in the cover letter and commit messages) is that not only it groups common code, but also introduces a new struct simple_fs that simplifies parameter passing. This means all fs that use these functions and the struct should include linux/simplefs.h, while all common functions that take a simple_fs struct will be added in simplefs.c

Thank you for all the feedback, I will incorporate it and send a new patch series soon.

Emanuele