Am 07.04.24 um 09:50 schrieb Rong Qianfeng:
[SNIP]
Am 13.11.21 um 07:22 schrieb Jianqun Xu:
Add DMA_BUF_IOCTL_SYNC_PARTIAL support for user to sync dma-buf with
offset and len.

You have not given an use case for this so it is a bit hard to review. And from the existing use cases I don't see why this should be necessary.

Even worse from the existing backend implementation I don't even see how drivers should be able to fulfill this semantics.

Please explain further,
Christian.
Here is a practical case:
The user space can allocate a large chunk of dma-buf for self-management, used as a shared memory pool. Small dma-buf can be allocated from this shared memory pool and released back to it after use, thus improving the speed of dma-buf allocation and release. Additionally, custom functionalities such as memory statistics and boundary checking can be implemented in the user space. Of course, the above-mentioned functionalities require the implementation of a partial cache sync interface.

Well that is obvious, but where is the code doing that?

You can't send out code without an actual user of it. That will obviously be rejected.

Regards,
Christian.

Thanks
Rong Qianfeng.