On Tue, Apr 9, 2024 at 12:34 AM Rong Qianfeng <11065...@vivo.com> wrote:

> 在 2024/4/8 15:58, Christian König 写道:
> > Am 07.04.24 um 09:50 schrieb Rong Qianfeng:
> >> [SNIP]

> >> Here is a practical case:
> >> The user space can allocate a large chunk of dma-buf for
> >> self-management, used as a shared memory pool.
> >> Small dma-buf can be allocated from this shared memory pool and
> >> released back to it after use, thus improving the speed of dma-buf
> >> allocation and release.
> >> Additionally, custom functionalities such as memory statistics and
> >> boundary checking can be implemented in the user space.
> >> Of course, the above-mentioned functionalities require the
> >> implementation of a partial cache sync interface.
> >
> > Well that is obvious, but where is the code doing that?
> >
> > You can't send out code without an actual user of it. That will
> > obviously be rejected.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Christian.
>
> In fact, we have already used the user-level dma-buf memory pool in the
> camera shooting scenario on the phone.
>
>  From the test results, The execution time of the photo shooting
> algorithm has been reduced from 3.8s to 3s.

For phones, the (out of tree) Android version of the system heap has a
page pool connected to a shrinker. That allows you to skip page
allocation without fully pinning the memory like you get when
allocating a dma-buf that's way larger than necessary. If it's for a
camera maybe you need physically contiguous memory, but it's also
possible to set that up.

https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/common/+/refs/heads/android14-6.1/drivers/dma-buf/heaps/system_heap.c#377