On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Otto E Solares wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 03:09:13PM -0500, Leif Delgass wrote:
> > I get the garbled pointer in UT too.  Also, the only way I can get
> > wall/ceiling/floor textures to show up is by disabling lighting altogether
> > (with "NoLighting=True" under [SDLDrv.SDLClient]).  Otherwise I just get
> > white instead of textures.  I had the same thing with q3demo until I set
> > lighting to "vertex" instead of "lightmap."  I get a garbled pointer in
> > q3demo with lightmap, but I haven't seen it in vertex lighting yet.  Does
> > anyone know what might be the problem with textures and lighting, (maybe a
> > problem with multitexturing)?
>
> i had exactly the same problem in quake3 and rtcw with the white walls
> until i disable gl extensions on options and problem gone, but the
> problem with a rectangle on center on the screen is boring me, will try
> disabling hw cursor.

Well, I tried lightmap with gl extensions disabled and the lighting
definitely looks better, but it runs slower (compiled vertex arrays are
also disabled).  I noticed that with extensions/multitexturing on, I see
"GL_MAX_ACTIVE_TEXTURES_ARB: 2" on the console.  Maybe quake needs 3
textures: wall + lightmap + damage?

--
Leif Delgass
http://www.retinalburn.net