On Mon, 2002-03-11 at 14:37, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote:
> Hi all
>
> There are problems with the bleeding edge binaries:
> 1. First of all, the kernel module cannot be loaded because of some
> unresolved symbols. And even when I do "rm *.o, make", the resulting

The .o shouldn't be packaged, or even built. I'll have to check why this
is happening.

> mach64.o has some unresolved symbols (on depmod)! I do not know how it
> is possible. "insmod -f" manages to load this "bad" module, but I do not
> know how...

hmm.. this could be caused for having a kernel source tree
(/usr/src/linux-2.4) that doesn't match your installed kernel
configuration. I also experienced this in RHL 7.2 with unrelated kernel
modules and the only way I found to overcome was to build a new kernel
from the sources and use it.

Could you please past the output of insmod to see what are the failed
symbols?

> 2. Well, I run updated X but glxinfo shows there is no DR - and the
> driver is usual mesa:( Ldd informs me about correct libGL and libGLU
> used for glxinfo. Any ideas? In X log, I do not see any errors reportes
> - it seems DRI is loaded as necessary....

Well, first let's try to figure out the first problem as this second one
could be a side effect.

> Cheers,
>
> Sergey

Jose Fonseca