On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 15:35, Felix Kühling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently found out that the 3d performance of the mach64 branch (in
> terms of glxgears frame rates) is related to the physical screen
> resolution. I got the following glxgears frame rates with different
> resolutions:

But with the same window size?

Is natural that when the rendering window gets bigger there's more area
to fill, and the fps drop.

The consequence of having bigger screen resolutions is that there is
less free onboard memory for textures, but glxgears doesn't use textures
so there should be no significant difference.

> 1152x864: 155.2 fps
> 1024x768: 165.6 fps
>   800x600: 209.6 fps
>   640x480: 229.4 fps
>   512x384:
> __Tschüß_______\_6 6_/___/__ \___/__ \___/___\___You can do anything,___
> _____Felix_______\Ä/\ \_____\ \_____\ \______U___just not everything____
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    >o<__/   \___/   \___/        at the same time!

Jose Fonseca