"José Fonseca" wrote:

> On 2002.04.10 19:40 José Fonseca wrote:
> >
> > ... since the specs give some tolerance it would be nice to run the
> > conformance tests with different settings in mmx_blend.S, specially the
> > "single multiply w/o rouding" ...
>
> I've started to play with glean and I tried to check this myself, but it
> seems there is no effect in the results no matter what changes I make in
> mmx_blend.S. The command line I use to run glean is:
>
>         LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/jfonseca/projects/dri/mesa3d/Mesa/lib
> ./glean -r mesa
>
> Am I doing some thing wrong here?

Hmmm, I had put a printf in the _swrast_choose_blend_func() function to
be sure the mmx routine was being chosen, and it was.

Are you sure you're compiling Mesa with -DUSE_MMX_ASM?  There's also a
runtime check for MMX support.  When compiled with the DEBUG token
defined, Mesa will print a mesage to stdout to indicate if MMX, SSE
and 3DNow are being used.

> Also, the whole test takes a bunch of time. Which of the tests should I
> look for? Is it just blendFunc?

Yes, just blendFunc is sufficient.  I usually run glean like this:

        glean -r res --visuals "id==35" -t blendFunc

Where '35' is a typial GLX visual.  Otherwise all the visuals are tested -
which is overkill if you're focused on one particular test case.

-Brian