On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 02:43:00PM +0100, José Fonseca wrote:

| I've started to play with glean and I tried to check this myself, but it
| seems there is no effect in the results no matter what changes I make in
| mmx_blend.S. ...

The blend test only fails if an error is greater than one
least-significant bit in the framebuffer color channels.  If I
understood your earlier messages correctly, none of the methods you're
investigating has more than 1 LSB error; they differ mainly in rounding
behavior, which I'd expect to introduce errors on the order of 0.5 LSB.
So it's possible that glean is too lenient to tell the difference
between the methods you're testing.

|           ...The command line I use to run glean is:
|
|       LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/jfonseca/projects/dri/mesa3d/Mesa/lib
| ./glean -r mesa
|
| Am I doing some thing wrong here?
|
| Also, the whole test takes a bunch of time. Which of the tests should I
| look for? Is it just blendFunc?

Sure, just run the test you need, on the Visuals you need.  If there are
dependencies between tests, glean will automatically run the
prerequisite tests first.

You can select the Visual number like Brian suggested, or you can
specify a Visual filter string on the glean command line.  For casual
testing I normally use something like this:

        glean -r mesa --visuals "max rgb, z, s, db" -t blendFunc

Allen