On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 09:14, Alex Deucher wrote:
> it seems to crash while validaing the modes on the second head.  I
> don't know why it should work on linux but not freebsd.   you might try
> turning off DCC and EDID.  perhaps those functions are causing a
> problem on freebsd, although it they wokred ok the first head, they
> should work on the second.
>
> Option "noddc" "true"
> Option "IgnoreEDID" "true"
> Option "MonitorLayout" "CRT, CRT"
>
> You can also try adjusting the DDC mode:
> Option "DDCMode"
>
> Alex

If the mode validation interacts with the bios at all (I don't really
know this stuff), one major difference between Linux and FreeBSD is use
of emulation for int10.  On a Linux system, you can use emulation like
on FreeBSD by moving /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/linux/libint10.a out of the
way so the generic (emulation) one is used.

Int10 and the emulation for it is the most common cause of differences
between Linux and *BSD for 2d in XFree86, I would say.

--
Eric Anholt                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         [EMAIL PROTECTED]