On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 10:38, Alex Deucher wrote:
> what's the difference between the two?  why does linux have it's own
> version?  why couldn't the linux version be used with BSD? something to
> do with the kernel?

Yes.  The linux-specific module uses the vm86 support of linux to do the
int10 execution.  The BSDs offer something similar to linux, I think,
but at least there isn't a module for it, so we use the generic
emulation.

--
Eric Anholt                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         [EMAIL PROTECTED]