On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 07:43 -0500, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
> Nicolai Haehnle wrote:

> >>Some more info for both of you...
> >>
> >>I remarked, in an earlier e-mail, that glxgears wouldn't cause the
> >>lockups.  That's not true.  For whatever reason, it doesn't seem to
> >>cause the lockups if I load the drm module with debug=1...  At least not
> >>immediately.  However, if I don't load drm that way, glxgears will
> >>lockup my machine rather quickly.  Some lockups are hard lockups, unable
> >>to even get the serial console to respond.  With others, I can even ssh
> >>in still.  In all cases, iirc, my machine will lockup hard if I actually
> >>try and 'reboot' the box after logging in.
> >>

> >Wait a minute... isn't that a very similar lockup to the one you got with
> >R300? I don't understand what's going on with radeon_cp_reset though.
> >
> >cu,
> >Nicolai
> >

> It is similar.  I haven't really tested enough to know if there's some
> connection to framerate, as there appears to be with the 9800.  I also
> don't recall ever seeing message from the kernel about nobody caring
> about irq 16, or about radeon_cp_reset...  With my 9800, I was getting
> radeon_cp_dispatch_swap errors.
>
> I do know, however, that my 9200 was working just last week or the week
> before.  Hmmm...  I think my laptop still has the same copy of the drm
> and Mesa trees I was using back when it worked on my workstation.  I
> might try copying them over and seeing if I can get them to work.
>
> Adam

Damn...  I'm getting the lockups, even with the drm tree on my laptop...
But what's even more telling is that I just played about five minutes of
quake3arena without any problems...  And I got really crappy framerates
(30-40 fps)...  Maybe this problem is related to the one I was seeing on
my 9800?  Have any changes happened recently to both the r300 and
regular DRM tree?  Maybe around 3 weeks ago?

Adam