Roland Scheidegger wrote:
> Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
>> Just thought I'd post some updated benchmarks of Doom3.  These were
>> all run with the first timedemo at 640x480, and (for the open source
>>  drivers) with ColorTiling turned on in the xorg.conf file.  I'll
>> list all tests with the open source drivers first:
>>
>> x700 + r300 (with arb renderer) - 5.5 FPS (There's not much point in
>>  testing it with the r200 or arb2 renderers at the moment.)
> What's the problem with arb2?

fragment.position input is not implemented yet. fglrx driver parses it
from VP to FP via a texcoord route. I've been hitting my head on this
for some time. Only got as far as only getting a soft lockup which isn't
very useful.

> The r300 driver does not
> currently support the r200 render path (and I doubt it will in the
> future - there's just not enough interest in supporting ATI_fs on r300
> which is not widely used).
>
>> 9000 (with arb renderer) - 15.9 9000 (with r200 renderer) - 15.4
>>
>> The huge performance increase I get by using an r200 card is pretty
>> consistent with what I see in other games.
> There seems to be some performance problems with the r300 driver. I
> don't think anyone knows what's going on but I could be wrong...

I have seen some strange slowdowns not caused bu any apparent fallback
(Nexiuz w/bloom) though I could have missed a fallback path.

Rune Petersen