On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 12:08:09AM +0100, Keith Whitwell wrote:
| Just to clarify, would things look a bit like this:
|
| Master:
|       clear,
|       glFlush,
|       signal slaves somehow
|
| Slave0..n:
|       wait for signal,
|       don't clear, just draw triangles
|       glFlush
|       signal master
|
| Master:
|       wait for all slaves
|       glXSwapBuffers

Yes, more or less.  As I look at it now, I wonder if the master really
did a clear, or if the slaves simply drew background polygons over their
respective regions.  It's also possible that the swap guarantees a flush
for commands queued by all the slaves, but I'm unsure of that without
checking the spec.

| This is fairly sensible and clearly requires a shared buffer.  It's also
| quite a controlled situation that sidesteps some of the questions about
| what happens when two clients are issuing swapbuffers willy-nilly on the
| same drawable at the same time as the user is frantically resizing it...

Right.

Allen