On 12/11/2009 04:18 AM, Alan Cox wrote:
> F11 certainly shipped some bits of it for 2D support. I am not sure if
> F10 shipped a purely userspace set up. Neither had it enabled as the
> default driver - they used "nv" or "vesa" depending upon the card.

F11 uses nouveau here.  It is actually a pain to get 'nv' going as an
alternate -- bugs have been filed.  Makes kernel dev more difficult for
me.  I was actually told, by Fedora people, that I should be hacking on
the Fedora (rpm-based) kernel, rather than a 100% upstream kernel like I
have been hacking/booting for the past decade, as a result of this setup
(needing nouveau kernel support, thus needing Fedora rather than
upstream kernel).

        Jeff