Hi Everyone,

Starting with rev 1124, I had been having a problem running
./config/autorun.sh  on my mac.
One of the error messages was:
configure.ac:27: error: Autoconf version 2.62 or higher is required
I chatted a little bit with MTaylor on irc about it, and he said we
only needed autoconf 2.59 or greater.

I kept trying different things, like, using autoconf 2.62 or 2.63 and
that still did not help. Today I finally found a way around it. I was
using automake 1.11, so I decided to try automake 1.10.2. And that did
the trick. I can now compile Drizzle again.

Is there a good reason why we need to use an older automake?

Thanks and you can see below the details of what I did.



==================
revno: 1124 [merge]
committer: Brian Aker <br...@gaz>
branch nick: staging
timestamp: Mon 2009-08-24 13:01:53 -0700
message:
  Merge Monty
==================

$ ./config/autorun.sh
Grabbing changelog and version information from bzr
./config/autorun.sh: running `python config/register_plugins.py'
./config/autorun.sh: running `/usr/bin/glibtoolize --automake --copy --force'
./config/autorun.sh: running `/opt/local/bin/aclocal-1.11 -I m4'
configure.ac:27: error: Autoconf version 2.62 or higher is required
/opt/local/share/aclocal-1.11/init.m4:110: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE is expanded from...
m4/pandora_canonical.m4:152: PANDORA_CANONICAL_TARGET is expanded from...
configure.ac:27: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/gm4 failed with exit status: 63
aclocal-1.11: autom4te failed with exit status: 63
Can't execute aclocal
==================

$ autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.61
Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software.  You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.
==================

$ sudo port deactivate  automake @1.11_0
--->  Deactivating automake @1.11_0
$ sudo port activate  automake @1.10.2_0
--->  Activating automake @1.10.2_0
==================

$ ./config/autorun.sh
Grabbing changelog and version information from bzr
./config/autorun.sh: running `python config/register_plugins.py'
./config/autorun.sh: running `/usr/bin/glibtoolize --automake --copy --force'
./config/autorun.sh: running `/usr/bin/aclocal-1.10 -I m4'
./config/autorun.sh: running `/usr/bin/autoheader'
./config/autorun.sh: running `/usr/bin/automake-1.10 --add-missing
--copy --force'
./config/autorun.sh: running `/usr/bin/autoconf'
---
Configured with the following tools:
  * libtoolize (GNU libtool) 1.5.22
  * aclocal (GNU automake) 1.10
  * autoheader (GNU Autoconf) 2.61
  * automake (GNU automake) 1.10
  * autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.61
---

And configure -- ... && make -j2 && make install all work nicely.

   -Diego

-- 
Diego Medina
Web Developer
http://www.fmpwizard.com

_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~drizzle-discuss
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~drizzle-discuss
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to