Hi Monty,

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 2:16 AM, Monty Taylor<[email protected]> wrote:
> Diego Medina wrote:

>
> No. automake 1.11 is fully supported. :) (of course, I totally
> understand if you don't want to believe me) We also don't require 2.62.
> 2.59 is the
I do believe you :) but I didn't know why it was still not working.

>> Thanks and you can see below the details of what I did.

>
>  ./config/autorun.sh: running `/opt/local/bin/aclocal-1.11 -I m4'
>  configure.ac:27: error: Autoconf version 2.62 or higher is required
>
> This is coming from the run of aclocal, which is part of automake.
> aclocal does not call the autoconf binary, so the _path_ that your
> autoconf is in doesn't matter. It _does_ look at m4 macros, though, and
> I'm guessing it's finding autoconf macros out of /usr/share, which would
> correspond to the system autoconf which would be 2.61 on osx.

And this explains a lot. what I did to disable autoconf 2.61 was to
rename the file /usr/bin/autoconf , but did not move the macros inside
/usr/share (because I did not know about them :) ).

>
> I'm going to run off and see if I can reproduce this and/or give you a
> better workaround.
>
Thanks for looking into this!

Diego


>> ==================
>> revno: 1124 [merge]
>> committer: Brian Aker <br...@gaz>
>> branch nick: staging
>> timestamp: Mon 2009-08-24 13:01:53 -0700
>> message:
>>   Merge Monty
>> ==================
>>
>> $ ./config/autorun.sh
>> Grabbing changelog and version information from bzr
>> ./config/autorun.sh: running `python config/register_plugins.py'
>> ./config/autorun.sh: running `/usr/bin/glibtoolize --automake --copy --force'
>> ./config/autorun.sh: running `/opt/local/bin/aclocal-1.11 -I m4'
>> configure.ac:27: error: Autoconf version 2.62 or higher is required
>> /opt/local/share/aclocal-1.11/init.m4:110: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE is expanded 
>> from...
>> m4/pandora_canonical.m4:152: PANDORA_CANONICAL_TARGET is expanded from...
>> configure.ac:27: the top level
>> autom4te: /usr/bin/gm4 failed with exit status: 63
>> aclocal-1.11: autom4te failed with exit status: 63
>> Can't execute aclocal
>> ==================
>>
>> $ autoconf --version
>> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.61
>> Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>> This is free software.  You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of
>> the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
>> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
>>
>> Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.
>> ==================
>>
>> $ sudo port deactivate  automake @1.11_0
>> --->  Deactivating automake @1.11_0
>> $ sudo port activate  automake @1.10.2_0
>> --->  Activating automake @1.10.2_0
>> ==================
>>
>> $ ./config/autorun.sh
>> Grabbing changelog and version information from bzr
>> ./config/autorun.sh: running `python config/register_plugins.py'
>> ./config/autorun.sh: running `/usr/bin/glibtoolize --automake --copy --force'
>> ./config/autorun.sh: running `/usr/bin/aclocal-1.10 -I m4'
>> ./config/autorun.sh: running `/usr/bin/autoheader'
>> ./config/autorun.sh: running `/usr/bin/automake-1.10 --add-missing
>> --copy --force'
>> ./config/autorun.sh: running `/usr/bin/autoconf'
>> ---
>> Configured with the following tools:
>>   * libtoolize (GNU libtool) 1.5.22
>>   * aclocal (GNU automake) 1.10
>>   * autoheader (GNU Autoconf) 2.61
>>   * automake (GNU automake) 1.10
>>   * autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.61
>> ---
>>
>> And configure -- ... && make -j2 && make install all work nicely.
>>
>>    -Diego
>>
>
>



-- 
Diego Medina
Web Developer
http://www.fmpwizard.com

_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~drizzle-discuss
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~drizzle-discuss
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to