Here's the plan:

Using the antlr-based java grammar for the basis of the java rules file.
But, once I've parsed and analyzed what I need, we'll actully pass all
execution over to beanshell (beanshell.org), so as to avoid having to
write an interpreter ourselves.

Following this method, I think that by Wednesday, we can have this
basically done, and ready for folks to start prototyping against.

Anyone know of a useful project idea that uses a rules engine?  I
like to test in the field, obviously, and want to avoid an arbitrary
Java PetStore example.  I'd rather build Something Useful.

Any suggestions?

        -bob
        (open-source whore)