> A moderately complex rule-based task that comes to mind is a
> calendar-scheduling sytem.  It should respect holidays, find open times
> for meetings and resources, handle recurring events, schedule subsequent
> events based on current event type, etc...

Ayup, that'd be cool.  Due to my Day Job, though, that's a conflict
of interest.  Can't really do any resource planning, scheduling or
optimization.

> By "all execution", do you mean LHS and RHS (oh, oops, I mean condition
> and action)?  Does the use of bsh mean that users will have access to
> the "syntactic sugar" of bsh (at least in the action), or would that
> mess up ANTLR.

Ayup, both condition and actions will be done by bsh.  To start with,
only things conforming to Java 1.3 will be recognized, because that's
the grammar I've got.  I can certainly mutate my grammar to allow
certain bsh constructs, if you want, but to start with, they won't
be available.

The antlr grammar will be the first pass which (hopefully) will catch
all errors, etc.

> What will/does the java rules file syntax look like?

Roughly:

ruleset MyRuleSet
{
        rule myRule(Foo rootFact1, Bar rootFact2)
        {
                String localFact;

                when
                {
                        localFact = rootFact1.frob();
                        localFact = rootFact2.frob();

                        rootFact1.imaginates( rootFact2 );
                }

                then
                {
                        System.err.println( "rf1: " + rootFact1 );
                        System.err.println( "rf2: " + rootFact2 );
                        System.err.println( " lf: " + localFact );
                }
        }

        rule myOtherRule(...)
        {