Hi Alan,

No need to apologise! Thanks for giving all the background and steps taken
so far.

I just want to check first - since you reference a dpsace-6.2-src-release
directory, have you compiled DSpace with Maven?

We've got documentation about how to install Dspace from source at
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC6x/Installing+DSpace -- if you
haven't done the Maven or Ant tasks yet, have a read of this page and make
sure you've got all the prerequisites installed and that you follow the
"mvn package" and "ant fresh_install" tasks. Typically, a new install will
involve creating a directory for the installed DSpace instance to live (eg
/dspace or /usr/local/dspace) and that's where the real, compiled 'webapps'
directory will live, for you to point Tomcat at (or symlink to, or as a
directory from which to copy your webapps into a Tomcat webapp base
directory)

If you have compiled and run the Ant fresh_install task, I'd recommend
starting again, and this time trying again with a different 'dspace dir'
which is separate to the source directory -- it will get confusing if you
are mixing your source code directory up with the compiled+installed
application.

Hope this helps! Let me know if I'm barking up the wrong tree or if you run
into any other issues.

Cheers

Kim

M: k...@shepherd.nz
T: @kimshepherd
P: +6421883635
W: www.shepherd.nz <http://shepherd.nz>

0CCB D957 0C35 F5C1 497E CDCF FC4B ABA3 2A1A FAEC