Robin and all,

Regarding the "optional modules": It seems like in 5.0, we have to move
forward with these modules as "optional". At least to me, it seems like
it'd require a lot of work/time to make Mirage2 required -- plus it
drastically lengthens the time it takes to build DSpace (unless you
preinstall all of Mirage2's dependencies).

But, for the longer term, I definitely agree we should rethink this
idea. With 5.0, this was our first experience making any modules
"optional", and we've obviously hit some snags in the release process
because of this.  Going forward (for 6.0 and beyond), we may want to
consider whether we even want to allow for optional modules...or if
anything that is "optional" should really just be a separate project in
GitHub (similar to the plan for LNI). In that situation, users can
choose to optionally download and install these extra modules into their
DSpace.

Just some initial thoughts here,

Tim