The DCAT agenda for tomorrow will cover some use cases similar to these
ideas.

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/cmtygp/DCAT+Meeting+December+2014

Perhaps your proposals could be added to the comments/use cases for
tomorrow's discussion.

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 8:12 AM, helix84 <heli...@centrum.sk> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 5:07 PM, helix84 <heli...@centrum.sk> wrote:
> > Regarding the lack of bundle as a superfluous container
>
> correction: Regarding the bundle as a superfluous container
>
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 5:01 PM, Mark H. Wood <mw...@iupui.edu> wrote:
> > Community and Collection have different metadata.  We need to think
> > about that.
>
> It might, just like an eperson has a different metadata than an item.
> But I'm for the single container-type approach.
>
> > Community can't hold Item but Collection can.  So Container would need
> > an attribute:  can-hold-Item.  Some sites might want to enforce that
> > Items must be pushed down to the lowest level.
>
> For that we could simply have a property indicating whether the
> container has any subcontainers or it is a leaf.
>
> Regards,
> ~~helix84

Terry Brady
Applications Programmer Analyst
Georgetown University Library Information Technology
https://www.library.georgetown.edu/lit/code
425-298-5498