I don't recall details, but I remember that it's difficult to use i18n in variables. So that may be the problem. Alternatively it may be an issue that you're using it in an attribute; I think there was a way to specify which attribute of an element to translate but I don't recall how to do it. Maybe you'll need to add  i18n:attr="action" to your form element.

Note, I'm a bit surprised to see the translation appearing in the action -- normally the i18n mechanism is for things that are visible to the user!

cheers,
Andrea