We do not advise working directly with SQL as the means for
interacting with DSpace, rather use the DataModel, API and provided
services to interact with DSpace. A great deal of effort has gone
into defining an API which will allow the user to complete as much of
the basic tasks as required for ingesting and manipulating DSpace
objects.  Likewise, we do not guarantee that the SQL tables will not
change from version to version.

One alternative I can think of would be to use the LNI gateway
service to submit packages to dspace or look forward to the current
SWORD project in dspace-sandbox as possible mechanisms for
interacting with DSpace from other languages.

Cheers,
Mark