From: Shane Beers [mailto:sbe...@gmu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2009 4:06 PM
To: Dspace Tech
Subject: [Dspace-tech] messages.xml changes not being reflected

I am working on a new theme for our instance of DSpace 1.5.2, and
editing the files directly in the test installation's [dspace]/webapps/
xmlui/ directory, which is where Tomcat is pointed to load  localhost:
8080/xmlui from. This avoids having to constantly update the dspace
webapps with ant.

My changes to the .css files within the /themes/[customtheme]/lib
directory are reflected on a reload of the page, which is great.
However, if I edit the messages.xml file in /xmlui/i18n/, these
changes are not reflected on a reload, nor are they reflected after I
restart Tomcat.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!
Shane