Hi,

Just a general question.

We currently have two Dspace repositories running Postgres and are about to
build another. We are considering using Oracle for the new database.

Can anyone give pros and cons of using Oracle?

Cheers

Kevin

Kevin Evans MA
Web Services Developer,
Integration and Webservices,
Room 901,
9th Floor, Laver Building,
University of Exeter
North Park Road,
Exeter,
EX4 4RN
01392 725573
07775027574
http://my.exeter.ac.uk <http://my.exeter.ac.uk/>

This email and any attachment may contain information that is confidential,
privileged, or subject to copyright, and which may be exempt from disclosure
under applicable legislation. It is intended for the addressee only. If you
received this message in error, please let me know and delete the email and
any attachments immediately. The University will not accept responsibility
for the accuracy/completeness of this e-mail and its attachments. The
University cannot guarantee that this message and any attachments are virus
free. Any views or opinions expressed in this message are my own and do not
necessarily represent those of the University....don't waste your life
reading this trash and get out and live.