We want to harvest our DSpace records with our Millennium ILS using a
customized crosswalk, but Innovative Interfaces has told me that the
harvester cannot specify the metdataPrefix parameter. For certain they have
implemented the set_spec param, but can only take the 'default' metadata
format.

I would assume that the default metadata prefix is oai_dc, but it is
actually harvesting a different crosswalk. The crosswalk it harvests
coincidentally (or not) is in the first position when sending the
ListMetadataFormats verb
(http://irserver.ucd.ie/dspace_oai/request?verb=ListMetadataFormats). Have
tried everything I know to reorder the list with no luck, so no way to test
this theory.

(You'd think that you could just change the order of the crosswalks in
dspace.cfg, but unless I'm missing something I believe it's more to do with
the hashmap that the configs are stored in in the OAICat library. Lines 105,
122 here
<http://code.google.com/p/oaicat/source/browse/trunk/src/ORG/oclc/oai/server
/verb/ListMetadataFormats.java?r=2> )

Has anyone had any experience with this, or wish that III would implement
the metadataPrefix parameter?

Many thanks,

Joseph

Joseph Greene

Institutional Repository Project Manager

325 James Joyce Library

University College Dublin

(353 0)1 716 7398

joseph.gre...@ucd.ie