Le 24 janv. 09 à 15:56, Dov Zamir a écrit :

Thomas wrote:
I would like to see a better webgui through which you configure everything, so don't have to tweak config files and hack apache to define users. The web gui should be designed in such a way that it gives a unified interface for all actions (admin and user functions). It should give you the option to define, import or refer to users through external user databases (ldap, mysql...)
First of all, we are planning a completely new webGUI based upon PHP, with i13n possibilities. However, I am unclear as to why you would want to refer to users through an external database. IMHO, dspam should, at best, use the same userbase as your MTA. Please enlighten me as why that should not be the case. ATM you have two options, as far as I understand, to define users. Either you define them manually, or you let dspam add them as they receive (or in some installations, send) mail.

We currently use a shared DSPAM user on a per "customer" basis. This is a case where a external database would help, as one DSPAM user match several email addresses, usually one DSPAM user mean in fact one domain name, but sometimes several domain names also.

We wrote various scripts to update the DSPAM group text file and restart DSPAM deamon, but it would be very better if we can handle this directly in our main user DB in a simple 2 entries table that match mail recipient to actual DSPAM user.

I think moving every DSPAM datas to some abstract DB connector would be the best, this would allow to build DB connector for several Backend (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Hash, and so on). Maybe it is hard work, but currently having DB *and* file storage mean IMHO bad scalability, bad security (webgui need access to flat file on backend storage !?), and complexity for contributors that want to write new features.

My 2c. too ;)
--
Ml
!DSPAM:1011,497b4213150921778710571!