From: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Scott
Sent: Friday, November 28, 2008 7:12 PM
To: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DSTAR_DIGITAL] Re: IC-92AD Connector

I'm not objecting to the use of that connector - though it would have
been nice if they'd used a readily available connector. It looks a
lot like a Hirose LF series, which isn't exactly cheap, but at $12
it's not bad and it's ruggedized and waterproof.

If I can get equivalent cables made in lower quantities and still sell
them for a lower price after paying for custom tooling, then I think
that's a pretty good sign that the price they're charging is excessive.

I think there could also be a market for a simpler cable that's not
threaded and waterproof. How often do you need a waterproof data
cable when you're using it with a laptop that's probably not waterproof?

Scott
N1VG

--- In dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:dstar_digital%40yahoogroups.com> , "Dr. Joe Mesh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> And,,, Three of those pins are spares! But remember that the
whole thing
> is water proof to the test specs of the entire radio. BUT. It is
what it
> is guys.
>
> AND it is obtainable like most things in life for $$$.
>

> Thanks.Joe / W8SS / Mesh Engineering / Trustee & Sysop on D-Star for
K8LCD