It's easier than you think, Edward.
set URCALL=/W8DIG^C (the VHF node where the net is)
set RPT1=W8DIG^^B  (the UHF node you come in on)
set RPT2=W*DIG^^G  (the gateway and Dongle users hear you)

you'll have to listen to node C to hear the net.  But when it's your turn to
talk, switch channels to UHF memory channel speak your piece then switch back
to listen again.

Just my opinion.
GL es 73
Keith AB8CL