RooKie wrote:
> Thanks Mnyb. I have screenshot the settings on the NAS (obscured some of
> the info - hoping the file has attached!) - you will see the DNS is
> blank?? Is this the problem? Should that have a setting in it?

Yes, you should definitely enter the IP-address of some DNS-server there
since you have a manually set static IP for the NAS. Mask and Gateway
seems to be set so these should not be a problem (the mask is usually
255.255.255.0 for a normal LAN and Gateway is the IP-address of your
internet router).
You can try these settings for DNS:
1) 8.8.8.8  (Googles public DNS; usually very fast and responsive)
2) your Gateway's IP-address

Probably both works.