Are you sure that dunecontrol finds MPI? Can you post the output of dunecontrol?

Bernd

On 01/30/2019 12:46 PM, lc wrote:

Good morning,

I updated the virtual machine as you may see from the lscpu_new file attached.

Then, I try to run both sequential 2p test_impesadaptive and 2p implicit test_box2p (input file attached) with 1 4 and 8 cores straight from the Dumux 2.12 test suite without any other modification (just the grid in the input file).

I still get the same behaviour:

1 core -> 302 s

4 cores -> 337 s (output attached)

8 cores -> 470 s

It seems that as you noted, these processes do not communicate each other. Do you agree?

These testcases, should be fully parallel, so what's wrong?

Thank you,

P.S. I also have other pending questions ...

Kind regards,

Lorenzo