Hi Lorenzo,

you still have large capillary pressure gradients at the left boundary at t=600 thus the saturation changes.

You also have them in the initial conditions, so they probably never go away. Why this is so, depends on your setup. Does it also occur when your grid is fine from the beginning and you don't have hanging nodes?

What are your criterions for Newton convergence? You seem to be in a regime of your p_c-S_w curve where a tiny change in pressure makes a huge difference in saturation. So also numerical error may play a role. As the boundary conditions are only enforced weakly you can get small differences very easily.

From a modeling point of view, it's also unclear to me why you need this wavy initial condition? If it's about producing fingers, which should be produced by instability, small numerical pertubations in the boundary conditions should also do the trick. Your initial conditions produces extremely large pressure gradients in y-direction, too.

I'm not convinced that this is an issue with Dumux.

Best wishes

Timo