Dear Timo,

Thanks a lot for your reply and advice. Here are the answers to your questions:

1. My OS is Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

2. This is the only command I am writing in the terminal to get the failure error of building the new module 'dumux-trial': "./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol --opts=dumux/cmake.opts --only=dumux-yourmodule all"

3. Yes, The steps I followed were those of the installation section:
   a) I installed the pre-requisites:
                 - cmake version 3.16.3
                 - gcc (Ubuntu 9.3.0-17ubuntu1~20.04) 9.3.0
                 - pkg-config version: 0.29.1
                 - Open MPI version:4.0.3
                 - paraview version 5.7.0
                 - Python 3.8.5
                 - git version 2.25.1
b) I used Installation via script: I downloaded the script from installdumux.py link in the install section and then I ran it using this command: python3 installdumux.py

4. a) Output of "g++ --version" :
g++ (Ubuntu 9.3.0-17ubuntu1~20.04) 9.3.0
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

   b) Output of "cmake --version":
cmake version 3.16.3
CMake suite maintained and supported by Kitware (kitware.com/cmake).

After having the minimal setup after installation via script, I tried to run the example in the "Getting Started" section but I was having an error as I didn't have the suitesparse library installed back then. That's when I installed some dune optional modules using this command: "dunecontrol --module=<module_name> all" after downloading the zip source from the git repository. I know it was not a good practice at all and I should have probably stuck to the minimal installation. However after installing the suitesparse library, the example ran flawlessly and I displayed the results on paraview. Later, I followed the "Getting Started" section again to create a separate module that lists DuMuX as its dependency using this command in the installation folder: "./dune-common/bin/duneproject" and then when I tried to configure the new module using the command in point no.2 above, I'm faced with this error:

"CMake Error at /home/mahmoud/dumux/dune-common/cmake/modules/DuneMacros.cmake:991 (target_link_libraries):
  The "debug" argument must be followed by a library.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  src/CMakeLists.txt:2 (target_link_dune_default_libraries)

See also "/home/mahmoud/dumux/dumux-trial/build-cmake/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log". See also "/home/mahmoud/dumux/dumux-trial/build-cmake/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
--- Failed to build dumux-trial ---
Terminating dunecontrol due to previous errors!"

Again thanks for your help and guidance and please let me know what you think. One last question, if i remove the 2 optional modules with problems dune-functions and dune-pdelab using the command you mentioned, will they still have any residuals in my installation directory or it's enough ? I will wait for your instructions. Thanks a lot and sorry for disturbance !

Best Regards,

Mahmoud Atef