Hi Michael,

your newest achievements sound good... :)

> My new MPEG-2 video indexer recognizes the use of closed captions (which
> are transmitted inside the video stream in ATSC). I don't know how to
> decode the data, however. DVB and teletext subtitles are better
> documented, but I haven't seen any streams that actually used them.

Isn't the german ZDF using DVB subtitles since last year?
One needed a new FW for my topfield receiver that time, since older ones crashed
when a default teletext speech was selected (without enabling teletext itself).
Subtitles are looking like rendered pictures from that time on...

ciao
Ralph

PS: BTW,... still no news from Sven concerning the web-page resp. account! :-(