Hello David,

thanks again for your mail.

>> Maybe you could do a quick check? In the extended system settings, at
>> visual effects, select "for optimum performance" (that effectively
>> disables all "advanced" display features). Will the video be shown
>> correctly and smooth from within DVBcut?
>
> Yes, it is - with all three generic settings (let windows decide,
> optimum appearance, optimum performance) DVBcut playback is smooth. On
> SD PAL playback, neither CPU (Quad Core Q6600) nor GPU (Radeon HD 6670)
> usage rise much above 10%.

I am using a decent Core i3 system with integrated "Intel HD Graphics".
I didn't have a look at usage rates, but since even the old P4 was able
to play the videos seamlessly, the new i3 definitely is heavily
"underloaded"... :-)

> Have you a different graphics card / driver you can try?

No - neither at hand nor fitting into the rather small PC case...
I can't easily see if other drivers are available - however, MPlayer
alone (started from command line) works fine, so it definitely is
something about Windows not knowing that the MPlayer window inside the
DVBcut window needs refresh...

> Good luck and best wishes. Let me know if there are other tests you
> might need.

Don't know how to proceed - other than activating Aero. Did it now and
video playback is fine. However, upon now every start of video playback
the color scheme is switched to "Windows 7 Basis", and back to Aero when
I stop playback. But this is something I can live with.

Again, thanks for your support.
(Should you - or anyone else - stumble over something related to this
issue, please leave me a note...)

Tilmann