Just a few comments:

   > Now you know how NA/SA feel when Europe monopolizes
   > the pile-ups for 1A, HV0 and much of the rare DX from the
   > Africa/Indian Ocean.

It's a matter of how the operator is able to handle the pile up,
a good operator can usually get the Europeans to stand by!
Had the VU4's did it the same way as the KP5's, there would
not have been many US-stations in the log.

   > K3LP/KP5 spent considerable amount of time trying to
   > work Europe in 17 meters this morning and gave up in
   > disgust because of all the misbehavior and impossibly
   > weak signals.

It was just too late, it gets dark here early in the winter, not
many hours of daylight - so I still have my feeling that the
operators didn't know much of propagations! > I heard N3KS/KP5 work quite a few Europeans on 30 > meters last night ... listening specifically for Europeans for
   > extended periods several times during the night.

There is a difference between south, east, central and north
Europe, at the time I started copying him good on 30 meters
he went QRT... But, you are right, he did work other parts of
Europe earlier.

73/DX de Osten SM5DQC    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>